Interview: Adonye Jaja
Photographer Interview: Adonye Jaja
30 Second Trailer:
Thank you for watching this interview with Adonye Jaja by the School of Wedding Photography.
Adonye Jaja is a Denver, Colorado based photographer who doesn't describes himself as a wedding photographer. Studying psychology led to a variety of careers and finally working as second shooter for Otto Schultz who even helped Adonye setup his website one night.
In 2016 Adonye was recognised by Rangefinder Magazine as one of the 30 Rising Stars in Wedding Photography.
Some of the topics we cover in this interview include:
- the "box" of wedding photography
- photography is all about copying
- the importance of art
- juggling business and art
- the grind
- longevity in your career
- how to have meaningful work
- when is an image made?
- curating your work
- why he doesn't like styled shoots
- being yourself in your brand
- what success looks like as a wedding photographer
- his relationship with wedding planners
- be careful with your presets
- if you want to shoot big budget weddings, don't start shooting low budget weddings
- understanding business is critical
Nicholas Purcell is the host of the School of Wedding Photography. He is a father and photographer based in Australia. Since 2014 he has published an annual list of the 100 Best Wedding Photographers in the World. His commercial work has appeared in the NY Times and Harpers Bazaar. The School of Wedding Photography is a blog focussed on helping wedding photographers. Learn and hear the stories from various successful photographers around the world.